mercredi 7 janvier 2009

Blank Dogs : "I have mixed feelings about it"


Sombre, efficace et entêtante : trois adjectifs pour décrire la musique de Blank Dogs. Notre cher ami avance masqué et travestit sa synth pop : tout ses Eps, en particulier le dernier dénommé "The Fields", sont parcourus par des mélodies froides qui ne sont pas sans rappeler certains groupes du nord de l'Angleterre. En ce début d'année 2009 Blank Dogs nous en dit un peu plus sur son actualité...

During the brainstorming session before writing the following questions i read a brooklyn vegan's article : the guy tried to answer some questions about your identity. Consequences : tensed exchanges between you and some guys. Do you want to say a little bit more about it ?

No, not really. I responded to one thing I think, and then other people responded as me, which I thought was funny actually. I was upset for about a minute and then I realized how stupid of a thing that is to be upset about and forgot about it. As far as BrooklynVegan as a website, no comment.


Blank dogs is a one man band but your discography is as consequent as a 80's heavy metal band. What glance have you on it ? The following question is unfair but if you should keep juste one blank dogs'release : what release? And why?

Don't understand the question 100%, but I guess I'd say Diana The Herald 12" EP, without thinking about it too much.


You are part of a new indie scene including bands like wavves, crystal stilts or pink reason which are linked to the same labels (fuck it tapes,woodsist, florida's dying, etc...). Could you tell us a little bit more about this core of « newcomers »? People have some difficulties to name the kind of music you all play, how could you describe it ?

Crystal Stilts and Pink Reason have both been around for at least 5 years, maybe 6. They just haven't had many fans til recently. I don't know what links them all other than I'm happy to be in such good company.


In march you will play for the sxsw fest, first time? In france the sxsw fest is underestimated, could you give us your vision of this event (and by the same occasion your expectations) ?

I've played SXSW with other bands. It's ok. I have mixed feelings about it. I just decided to do it one day so I'm fulfilling the obligation.


We just come to celebrate NYE. What do you remain from 2008 (artists, bands, events...) ?

I got a new drum machine and some pedals.



MP3 :
All Photographs (from The Fields Ep)
Meltdown Cloud (from On Two Sides Ep)

0 commentaires: